The sapphire and paste materials that we produce can satisfy the strictest requirements on the market. The world’s leading companies that use our products attest to their high quality. Our main product lines contain materials based on synthetic monocrystalline sapphire and composite metallization pastes for solar cells.
Catalog of Products:
- sapphire wafers with 2" – 10" diameters for optoelectronics; used in the manufacture of LEDs – the most promising energy-saving and safe technology of the 21st century. The first 8” diameter sapphire wafers were produced at the plant in August 2008 and in 2010 began the production of 250 mm (10”) diameter.
LEDs are widely used in high definition TV panels, LCD displays, road signs and boards, and mobile phones displays; the application of LEDs in energy-saving systems for general lighting is currently being developed as it requires approximately 30% less electric power.
- 6" and 8" diameter sapphire wafers for electronics; used in the production of new generation radiofrequency switches for mobile devices with reduced power consumption and possibility further miniaturization;
- sapphire optical parts; used in machine building and instrument engineering as inspection windows for high-temperature kilns, windows for industrial scanners, and any other protective coverings resistant to aggressive environments
- blanks for glass of luxury watches
In 2004, alternative energy sources started to develop rapidly, particularly solar energy. Monocrystal developed a set of pastes for producing solar cells and within three years became the market leader by virtue of higher efficiency in converting solar energy into electricity.
- aluminum pastes for metallization of rear contacts of solar cells
- silver-aluminum pastes for forming rear contacts of solar cells
- silver pastes for metallization of front contacts of solar cells